Thursday, March 12, 2015

34 - Rapture-Palooza

    After the rapture, a girl becomes the focus of the antichrist’s affections, spurring her and her boyfriend to hatch a scheme to imprison him.
    This seemed like a lighthearted comedy, but I found myself much more confused than I expected to be.  It’s actually a really fun premise, and there was a lot of effort put into world building.  Some of the jokes were pretty clever.  But… somehow, the movie fell flat.  There was something wrong with the performances, the direction, or the editing… something was working against the comedic elements, making this into a massive exercise in frustration.  I could see a lot of funny material, but it never came together right.
    There’s a lot of sleazy material in this, and that seems kind of strange.  It’s at odds with the fun tone that the rest of the movie has.
    Even with all of this, the movie held my attention very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment