Monday, March 9, 2015

18 - Triangle

     Their boat wrecked, a group of people take refuge on a large liner, which seems to be empty.  They are stuck in a time loop.
      Man, I love this movie.  I think I've seen it at least five or six times now, and I really love it.  I've tried to persuade just about everyone I can think of to watch this.
     This is one of these exceptionally rare time-travel stories that works really well.  Each time we go through the loop, we understand the main character and how her motivation has changed.  It makes the whole movie feel like a natural progression, and it doesn't feel nearly as forced as Time Crimes.
     If I have any complaints, I think there are two of them.  One of them is a shot that involves a gun being thrown, and somehow this knocks a person over.  It seems comical, and it takes some of the tension out of the situation.  The other one is the recurring Aeolus logo on a drum head.  It's an obvious way of tying together what happens on the ship to what happens on land, but I can't tell what the significance of it is.
      It's a beautifully dark and well-crafted story.  This should have gotten far more exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment