Wednesday, February 19, 2014

39 - Nightmare Factory

    A documentary about practical effects work in movies.
    I like effects work.  I'm usually pretty impressed with the work I see, and if anything, I'm usually disappointed with CGI effects.  There seems to be a lot more room for error with those.
    I  didn't like this as much as I should have.  I guess it was because it was more of a love letter to the effects house, and not so much focused on the esoteric aspects of making an effect work.  There were a few highlights - I really liked seeing the effort that went into a car crash shot in Death Proof.
    The rest of it… I like their enthusiasm.  They're so in love with the movies they make, it's a little infectious.  I know I come across as being picky about movies.  I'm specific, but usually even the bad movies, I enjoy the time I spend with them.
    Not much to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment