Sunday, March 31, 2013

40 - For a Few Dollars More

    The drifter returns as a bounty hunter, this time working/competing with another bounty hunter to capture or kill a gang leader called Indio.
    I think this was a better script than the first one.  The action moves along with a more distinct sense of purpose.  There's also a firm sense of humor to this one, which doesn't get overpowered by the cruelty that seemed to permeate the first movie.
    I found myself enjoying the relationship between the bounty hunters much more than I expected to.  They are appropriately wary of each other, but it's nice to see that they are willing to address those concerns straight ahead, and they don't hold each other to blame.
    Everyone in this picture seems to behave correctly.  There isn't as much mindless violence, and we see more planning going on.  But I did notice that the shots of people faces before a shootout seemed to go on longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment