Saturday, August 15, 2015

121 - Dark Touch

    A young girl is moved to another family, and then another, as mysterious forces kill the families she stays with.
    I can’t tell if I should attempt to evaluate this movie.  It’s interesting enough that I was able to keep watching it.  But it’s a frustrating experience.  I was able to piece together the direction the story was going, but there are so many details that are left vague.  It’s hard to feel confident in understanding what the story actually was.
    This probably spoils things a little.  As the story develops, it becomes clear that the girl is telekinetic.  She is responsible for the death of her family, plus a second family.  It’s implied that she has a variety of issues because she was being molested by her original family.  Her killing of the second family is because specific things reminded her of her original family.
    Then we get to her relationship with a bunch of other kids.  I have no idea if she’s actually persuaded them to join her, or if she’s able to hypnotize them or something.  All of this leads to an evocative, but very strange ending.  I can sort of understand her interest in killing the third family, but I have no idea why the other children are involved.
    There are some interesting ideas mixed into the process, but I can’t help but feel like I missed some big, important material.

No comments:

Post a Comment