Saturday, August 15, 2015

113 - Dark Summer

    A teenager under house arrest is haunted.  His friends help him try to help him.
    First, I’d like to say a little something about the title of this movie.  It sucks.  It’s a terrible title.  In another month, if you asked me if I’d ever seen a movie called Dark Summer, I would have to consult my records.  I poor title makes is harder to associate the story with it.
    The story is fairly simple.  The guy is haunted.  Weird stuff happens.  The friends help him investigate.  Everything ties up.  I do admire that the movie sticks to mostly a single location and keeps to a very limited cast.  But it also suffers from a few directorial problems.  Notably, the pacing is really slow.  There are lots of long shots that attempt to build tension, but instead just made me bored and allowed my mind to wander.
    There’s a decent twist to the story at the end, but the sluggish buildup made it harder to care about the unexpected reveal.

No comments:

Post a Comment