Saturday, August 15, 2015

114 - Creep

    A freelance videographer goes to a job, meeting a peculiar man at an isolated location.  Things start weird, and get weirder.
    I thought that I had read some positive review of this somewhere, but I can’t remember where.  It enjoys a pretty positive reception on Netflix, at least.
    This is remarkably cheap.  I believe it’s mostly shot with a single camera.  There are two cast members, both credited as writers, one of them credited as director as well.  It’s an unusual movie, even as the story is pretty simple.
    I’m not sure what I think about it.  There aren’t many story developments until the second half, and even then, it spins in a circle until the last scene.  The last scene is an effective payoff.
    I guess there is an aspect that makes this movie work well.  We don’t have a clear picture of what one of the characters intends to do.  He’s got strange behavior, and it’s hard to tell what he intends to do.  It’s easy to spend your entire time trying to figure out what he will eventually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment