Sunday, January 6, 2013

2.1 - Keyhole

    I started watching this movie from Netflix, and I managed to make it 20 minutes.
    I couldn't be sure if it was supposed to be taken seriously, or if it was an effort to make an Ed Wood-esque pile of nonsense.
    To be entirely fair, there was a plot, of sorts.  It was entirely surreal, which is the point.  The cast is fascinating as well.  Jason Patric stars.  We've got one of the guys from Kids in the Hall.  The set is wonderfully creepy.  But everything is a bizarre melange of edits, and most of the actions don't make any sense.
    After reading a few reviews of it, I decided that I couldn't handle sitting through another hour and ten minutes of this.  I'd rather have something a little more firm, and less impressionistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment