Friday, December 21, 2012

181 - Resident Evil

    Alice (I'm not sure if she's ever called this in the movie) wakes up in a deserted mansion, not remembering anything.  She runs into a military force that takes her into an underground research station, run by the Umbrella Corporation.  There's been a virus that has escaped, and the station has been locked down.  They go in to find out what happened, and hopefully recover a cure.
    I've already explained my strange fascination with the Resident Evil movies.  It doesn't make sense.  I don't like the games.  I don't even think these qualify as zombie movies.  I don't like the plot especially.  This movie is more in the middle of the spectrum.  I liked the last two movies much more than I liked the first two.  But this one is better than the second one.
    For a movie that came out in 2002, the effects are remarkably bad, at least when it comes to the Licker.  Every shot of it looks abysmal.  Most of the other effects fall into a fun, acceptable quality.
    It's strange that the most memorable sequence of this movie happens pretty early on.  When they're in the hallway with the laser line that goes around.
    There's one thing that I found very distracting though.  Michelle Rodriguez.  Her lips are huge!  Whenever they did a close up of her, I couldn't look at anything else!  I just tried to find an image, but she usually looks normal, except for when she purses her lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment