Friday, February 24, 2012

56 - Eden Lake

    A couple go on a short vacation to a lake in the woods.  They run afoul of a group of hoods, who ramp up their harassment, leading to torture and so forth.

    This was a seriously disturbing movie.  I had a hard time watching it, especially during the first half.  During the second half, I thought it was going to even out a little, since it seemed like it would turn into a revenge movie.  It has a bleak ending.  Really bleak.

    While I don't have much difficulty with watching horror in general, I have a hard time seeing bullying in movies.  (I have Punch-Drunk Love on my desk right now)  There was another movie that I had heard great things about, The Girl Next Door.  Once I started watching it, I had to abandon it.  I can't handle that type of cruelty.  Here, I forced myself to watch it.

    After watching this, I reordered my Netflix queue.  I don't think I can handle more horror right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment