Wednesday, February 8, 2012

40 - Air Force One

    A bunch of terrorists hijack Air Force One and hold it hostage in exchange for a prisoner.  The president gets in the action and reclaims the plane.

    I only saw this movie in the theaters, back in 1997.  I didn't remember much of anything about it.  Then it got mentioned on the AV Club, along with a musical remix.  I felt the urge to see it.

    It's a little weird.  It feels like everyone is playing it as a stage play sometimes.  Then it changes up to being this over-the-top action movie.  I think I'd have more respect for the movie if the last half hour was cut out.  That last half hour just makes the movie drag.  Ultimately, it's pretty silly, and the grandiose patriotic moments are annoying, combined with a score that feels jingoistic in a way.




No comments:

Post a Comment