Sunday, February 5, 2012

36 - House

    1977 Japanese movie, released by Criterion.

    I can't exactly explain this movie.  The plot involves a group of girls going to visit one of their relatives at a house out somewhere.  It's sort of a horror movie, and it involves the ghost/house picking the girls off.

    But it's probably the weirdest movie I've seen.  I've seen Un Chien Andalou, and that's not quite a movie - it's mostly nonsense, any meaning assigned to it is really up to the viewer.  This does have a plot, but the movie is so packed with strange photography, special effects, and lots of bizarre happenings, that it overwhelms you.

    It's worth seeing, at least for the novelty of it.  I can't say that I thought much of it as a film, but it was entirely worth it, at least to say that I saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment