Saturday, February 4, 2012

35 - Horror Express

    A 1972 Spanish horror movie, noteworthy for a few reasons - it has Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, and Telly Savalas.  Plus, it's in the public domain.

    A frozen specimen of a missing link is found, and is being transported on the trans-Siberian express.  A series of mysterious deaths follow, and things get progressively weirder.

    I used to watch this, since we had it on VHS when I was young.  I think the last time I watched it was probably around 8th grade or so.  It actually aged very well.  The story moves faster than I remember, and it's much more explicit in explaining exactly what's going on.  All of the dialogue was recorded in post, but it doesn't come across as fake as it could.  The Blu-ray is an interesting print.  It's a bit sharper, but it has a lot more other errors - scratches and blotches on the film.  Still, very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment