Sunday, May 31, 2015

86 - Thor: The Dark World

    Jane Foster is infected with the Aether, a substance that an evil villain wants to reclaim in order to take over Asgard.  Thor devises a plan to save Jane and defeat the villain.
    I have this weird affinity for the lesser movies in a series.  One of the reasons I like Iron Man 2 is that I forget sequences in it, and that makes them more effective when I see it again.  I’ve never felt like watching the first Thor a second time, mostly because I remember it being kind of boring.  But this one has a strong ending battle, some really clever plotting between Thor and Loki, and it feels like the plot seems to bring Asgard and Earth closer together.  By making the worlds co-exist more cleanly, that helps things feel reasonable.  I remember when I saw Thor, I felt like the grounding of the stuff happening on Earth was too stark a contrast to the Asgardian stuff.
    I still really like the opening battle sequence.  It’s nice to see Thor doing work around Asgard.
    The one thing I really don’t like is the way that the funeral scene starts.  The overhead shot is way to close to the shot of Padme’s funeral in Episode 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment