Friday, May 30, 2014

92 - Daddy's Girl

    Adopted Jody is willing to kill anyone who gets between her and her father.
    My second time watching this.  I had to show this to Cathy.
    It’s so charmingly terrible.  The biggest problem is that the movie can’t sustain the badness that it starts off with, and the last act gets kind of dull.
    The evil girl has a few modes that she switches between, and I can’t tell if it’s that the actress wasn’t skilled enough yet, or if the script was that explicit in calling for obvious acting.
    This time, I noticed another funny element.  If you keep the captions on, there are a dozen or more instances of the caption [DOGS BARKING IN DISTANCE].  It happens on nearly every establishing shot.  In a few cases, it shows up more than once in a scene.
    I wonder what my perception of this movie would be if I saw it when I was younger.  As a made-for-TV movie, it might be just about the right level of horror/violence.  But as a straight-to-video feature, it’s not exactly up to that level of quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment