Monday, February 11, 2013

24 - Night of the Demons

    Some high school kids get together at an abandoned funeral home for a Halloween party.  Of course, the building has some demons, which possess and kill a bunch of the kids.
    This movie… I can't be sure if I've seen it before or not.  I don't remember some very key scenes, so I lean toward thinking that I haven't seen it.  But I remember something about the outside of the building, and the wall surrounding it.
    At first, I thought the movie was kind of fun.  The script is just ridiculous, with lots of absurd dialogue ("Eat a bowl of fuck!") It's hard to say if this is done intentionally or not.  As the movie goes on, it moves away from using the same sense of humor, and into this effort to approximate Evil Dead 2.  Of course, it does this with less skill, less of a sense of humor, less madcap editing.
    There is one memorable scene, and it involves a bizarre effects shot, and Leanna Quigley.  Weird stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment