Sunday, October 28, 2012

159 - Doll Graveyard

    A kid unearths a spot where a girl was buried, along with her dolls.  The dolls resurrect, and the girl's spirit inhabits the kid who found the dolls.  His older sister is having a party while their father is out.  The girl's spirit wants to kill off the people attending the party.
    This was a cheap movie.  I wish I could find the budget, but it's clearly made very cheaply.  But they didn't skimp where they needed it.  The sound is clear.  The picture is decent.  And the editing doesn't annoy.  You can always tell what's happening.
    The script isn't great, but the acting is entirely appropriate for this level of material.  I never felt like the movie was trying to reach beyond what it should be.
    There was one moment in this that I thought was hilarious.  A doll is about to bite the cheek of a girl.  At the start of the shot, it's clear that the girl already has the makeup on her face for the wound.
    I picked up three DVD sets at Best Buy today, so now I have 24 horror movies across six DVDs.  All for the low, low price of about $15.  Normally I don't like these types of compilations.  They usually rely on public domain material to flesh things out, and many of those are nearly unwatchable.  These all seem to be reasonably modern, and not public domain.  So I expect more horror to fill up my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment