Sunday, June 10, 2012

93 - Prometheus

    A spaceship crew goes on a mission to find the origin of life on Earth, hopefully.

    I enjoy the Alien movies quite a bit.  I wasn't too thrilled when I heard that Ridley Scott was planning on revisiting the movies though.  I guess I just didn't expect that he would be able to pull it off.  He's too big a name, and the budget was too big to prevent studio interference.

    And then Scott goes off into pushing how this isn't going to be an Alien prequel.  And it isn't, but it has so many ties to the Alien franchise that it's dumb to say it isn't a prequel.  It has a massive amount of connections, but they aren't written to connect to the other movies.

    I'm not angry at this movie for failing to meet up to my expectations of being another Alien movie.  I'm really disappointed.  The story has a whole lot of promise, but the execution wasn't handled properly.  The universe is nicely developed, and the movie holds interest very well, but there are so many massive questions raised, and not answered, and those issues turn it from a movie that showed promise into a movie that spits in your eye with indifference to wanting explanations.

No comments:

Post a Comment