Saturday, January 28, 2012

28 - Psych: 9

    A lady takes a night shift job that involves cleaning up filing after a hospital has closed.  Her job is set against her desire to have a baby, and a series of local murders.

    My opinion of this movie kept changing as I was watching it.  Sometimes I liked how unpredictable it felt, since the script did a good job of hinting in many directions without giving any concrete answers.  This approach worked pretty well for certain stretches, but I ultimately felt a little cheated by the ending.  When the supernatural is applied to a story, anything can happen, but here they actually used a supernatural explanation where it wasn't needed, and that brought the effectiveness down.  Plus, the last scene was really puzzling.

    And I really, really don't think the couple should even consider having a baby.  They can't get along, and they're constantly yelling at each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment