Wednesday, June 24, 2015

100 - The Fog

    Ghosts invade an island town to get revenge on the descendants of the town’s founders.
    I think it was last year that I watched the original.  I remember that it was shot well, but that it wasn’t that great a movie.
    In this case, this movie is really bad.  It doesn’t have much going for it, except for the relatively unusual story.  There aren’t many “ghosts getting revenge” movies, especially nautical-themed ones.
    My first complaint is a small one, but it’s something that is a serious problem now.  I hate that so many horror movies use these soundtracks of no-name bands playing vaguely rock-like music.  The songs are terrible, they make the movie dated, and they reek of cross-promotion.
    The movie is shot competently, but that’s really all I can give it.  The script is slow and plodding.  There’s a lot of filler material.  It was difficult to pay attention to.  I found myself having a hard time finishing it off, since there wasn’t any material that was engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment